Digestive capacity goes down as weather changes, during illesses, during stressful periods etc. Easy to digest refreshing foods are recommended in such situations. Foods difficult to digest need to be avoided. Many protein rich foods fall in this category. But Moong soup becomes the best choice as it is easy to digest yet provides good proteins! It also provides vitamins like vitamin A, vitamin B complex and minerals as well as electrolytes. This soup is also good for toddlers and kids.
Ingredients (serving size:240 ml)
25 gm yellow moong dal
½ t grated ginger
½ t jeera
250 ml water
80 gm 3-4 chooped veggies (carrot, lauki, pumpkin, spinach)
Salt as needed
Black pepper powder
1 pinch dry ginger
½ t jeera powder
½ t kasuri methi
1 pich ajwain
How to make the recipe?
- Heat the pressure cooker, dry roast cumin till it begins to brown.
- Add ginger and sauté without burning.
- Add washed and soaked dal to the pressure cooker.
- Cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the veggies and cook for about 2 more minutes.
- Pour water and cook on a low flame to medium for 1 to 2 whistles.
- When the pressure releases, mash the dal and add desired spice powders. If adding kasuri methi then boil the soup till it begins to bubble.
- Serve warm.