Soymilk made from whole Soyabean is one of the wonderful nutritious gifts from nature. Regular consumption of soymilk helps people for better health with enhanced quality of life. Soybean contains all the three macronutrients required for good nutrition, complete protein with all nine essential amino acids, complex carbohydrate and fat, as well as good source of vitamins and minerals, including folic acid, calcium, potassium and iron.
Soymilk is the aqueous extract of soybeans and is one of the richest sources of protein, lipids, complex carbohydrate, and special antioxidant compounds called Isoflavones.
Soymilk is made from soybeans and therefore is vegetable milk and does not contain cholesterol. Not only it is free from cholesterol, the proteins and isoflavones in soymilk actively reduce increased levels of cholesterol. Milk products, including dairy milk, contain cholesterol which is a fatty substance that tends to accumulate in the blood vessels around the heart and cause heart problems.
Importance of soymilk:
• Clinical studies have confirm that the ability of soy protein to lower blood levels of LDL cholesterol.
• Isoflavones act as an antioxidants protecting against LDL cholesterol oxidation.
• Soy isoflavones also reduce the formation of plaques inside the artery.
• Reduces insulin resistance and improve insulin sensitivity.
• Improves glucose tolerance.
• A regular intake of soymilk and other legumes may reduce the risk of developing diabetes