Jujube or Ber as it is popularly called in India is a highly nutritious fruit and offers tremendous health benefits. Ber fruit (Zizyphusjujuba) is popularly known as anti-sorrow fruit, due to its calming and sedative properties. Both Ber fruit and its seeds are rich in flavonoids, saponins, and polysaccharides. It calms down the nervous system and provides sound sleep.
Health Benefits of Ber
- Aids Digestion and Weight Loss – Ber has high amounts of fiber due to which promotes digestion, provides higher satiety, and aids in weight loss.
- SoothensSore Throat – The antioxidant-rich Ber prevents infection and provides relief from sore throat.
- Aids in Blood Purification – Ber being rich in antioxidants helps in blood purification and maintaining optimum health.
- Helps in Nourishing the Bones – Ber is rich in calcium, phosphorus, and iron making it a good source of nourishment for bones.
- Ber Provides Chronic Constipation Relief – High amount of fiber in jujube helps regulate bowel movements and digestion providing relief from constipation.